Because 24 hours just isn’t enough. Singapore’s a small place, but it’s jam-packed with culture and architectural beauty
1. Singapore has a building designed after a Star WarsSandcrawler vehicle.
Lucasfilm’s Sandcrawler building is the Singapore outpost for their animation and visual design teams.
2. Because where else could you see 150 ft-tall tree structures other than at the Supertree Grove at Gardens by the Bay?
They are homes to ferns, vines, orchids, and bromeliads. Plus they are super eco-friendly, as they harness solar energy for lighting.
3. And visit the stylish shops, street art, and Middle Eastern cafes on Haji Lane.
4. Because this view of all the modern buildings along the Marina Bay needs more than just a couple minutes to take it all in.
5. As does Little India, with all its endless trinkets and spectacular temples.
6. MacRitchie Reservoir Park, which has more than 1 sq km of forest, a boardwalk, and a suspension bridge.
7. Singapore was voted the #1 safest Asian country for solo female travelers.
8. You can get a delicious, gourmet meal for just a few dollars at any hawker centre.
9. Hainanese chicken rice, Singapore’s national dish, is just one example of a perfectly cheap and delicious hawker meal.
10. The Botanic Gardens, which is open from 5am to 12am every single day and FREE!
11. Chili crab, which will make your mouth cry tears of hunger (otherwise known as drool).
12. Fresh soymilk in a bag! And not just soymilk, but teas, coffees, soft drinks, etc.
13. Because there’s another version of English being spoken here, which may take a little more time to master.
Just say “la” after everything, and you might be OK.
14. And the multicultural country has four official languages.
15. The 22 malls on Orchard Road, which could, alone, keep you occupied and bankrupted for days.
Nearly 5,000 brands are represented on Orchard Road. Prepare yourself.
16. Same goes for the traditional architecture of Singapore.
17. Because you need to have breakfast with orangutans at Singapore Zoo.
You’ll always feel like you’re in the middle of the wilderness here. The zoo is designed with an “open” plan, where you’ll find it hard to see barriers separating you from the animals.
18. Sentosa Island, a whole island that’s an awesome resort.
You have to see at least the two golf courses and the Universal Studios Singapore theme park.
19. The beautifully majestic Sri Sivan Temple deserves a visit, especially for Hindu festivals like Maha Shivaratri.
20. Singapore is one of the only cities in the world with F1 nighttime races.
21. And you can drink Milo Dinosaurs every day and never get sick of them.
Invented in Singapore, this drink is basically a cup of Milo, a chocolate malt beverage, with a spoonful of undissolved powder on top. Do not underestimate the simplicity of this tasty treat.